Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Excited for what the future holds.

So yesterday I made up some business cards and a name for the little "business" I'm starting with the tutu's and bows. This is what it looks like. :)


Here is a sneak peek at a tutu set I'm working on now. It's my favorite yet. I'll post pictures once its complete.


Last, I need to share my excitement that I've purchased my very first DSLR camera and a prime lens. (Thanks to some advice from the wonderful Lenay Glover) I'm extremely excited. I'm waiting for them to get to me. The camera should arrive tomorrow. I wanted to start out with something that had a lot of promise but also not too overwhelming for a beginner like me. I did a lot of research and finally decided on the Nikon D3100x. I ordered the 35mm f 1.8 lens to go with it. This was quite the hassle because its about sold out EVERYWHERE-it's on high demand. I researched it quite a bit and it had nothing but great reviews. I also purchased two books to help me learn on it and teach me some new things. 
I've been researching photography schools online and I really like the New York Institute of Photography. It seems really promising for an online course. Photography is something I've wanted to do for years, but just never took the time to look into. Now that I have a little more time on my hands, and the support of my husband, I'm pursuing my artistic side. lol

I really should thank Lenay for being such an inspiration. She's an AMAZING photographer and she's extremely gifted in all her crafts.She's definately been a role model, even though she doesn't know it. I know how hard it is to balance your passions with having a child-and she has two. Lots of kuddo's to you, Lenay :)

2 comments:

  1. awe that is sooo sweet!!! Thanks so much girl and I wish you the best!! I look forward to seeing your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I love zebra print on anything and everything!!!

    ReplyDelete